Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Nothing left in me

On Friday morning I woke up at 4:30am. Not by Chloe, but by my stomach making the worst sounds...and spinning in circles. I ran downstairs to the bathroom (did not want to wake Chloe, or Russ by using upstairs) and just made it. Yep, I had the stomach flu...or food poisoning. The jury is still out on that one. Russ came down at 5am to help me and immediately said he was staying home for the day! Thank god he was here!

So what is it like to have a stomach flu and a 5mo old that only will eat from your breasts...well...in one word...SUCKS! I have never felt so ugly, so tired, so exhausted! Forget morning sickness, forget being tired because Chloe woke up 6 times the night before, this is way worse. I felt like I had nothing left to give. Not only are you being depleted by both sphincters. you are also being depleted by multiple holes in your breasts...every 2 hours! Yes...Chloe of course wanted to nurse more those 4 days than normal! Poor Chloe. Poor Russ. Poor me!

It is now Tuesday night and I have just started to feel better. Lets just hope that continues!

And....thanks babe so much for taking care of Chloe and me! You are the best husband and Dad! I love you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment